A simple, yet delicious no-frills Thai-style recipe. Serves two to three, as usual.
- 300 grams shrimps without shells, cooked
- 300 grams string beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pieces lemongrass, the white part very thinly sliced
- 3 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, then fry the onions until transparent. Add the lemongrass and chilies and squeeze in the 5 garlic cloves with a garlic press. Fry until the onion turns yellowish.
Add the string beans and fry for about five minutes (they should become very green in the process). Then add the rice vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and salt (if needed). Add the shrimps and let cook for one or two more minutes. Finally, add the chopped garlic cloves, stir briefly and serve immediately.